Creating a safe, active, and problem-free playground is an integral part of the AHS™ Program. These compact, laminated Activity Card Sets each include complete instructions for 22 different playground activities that will keep kids active and having fun on their own. Activities are age-appropriate, burn calories, build social skills, and more. Each card gives you complete instructions, as well as variations.
The choice of 2 series options gives you numerous ways to keep students moving and entertained on the playground. Both Series 1 and 2 have 22 different playground activities that are designed for the playground and recess setting. Every activity is designed to keep students excited about playground time and active for the entire duration of recess.
Not only is each activity engaging in and of itself, all 22 feature variations that encourage the possibilities for fun! Put a new spin on a group favorite or tweak a lesser-known game to make it more exciting for students. Each new variation keeps things fresh and intriguing, preventing a loss of interest and keeping students involved.
Superb Activity Detail
Cards are consistent in the information offered, allowing educators to quickly assess each activity and its requirements. Equipment, starting position, and variations are all present on the card, making each activity extremely easy to follow. For example, here is the activity card information for Partner Duck, Duck, Goose:
- Equipment Needed: none.
- Starting position: Players find a partner and face each other. They must have an area where they can turn and run for a short distance.
- The goal of the game is to turn and run to a goal line about 15 feet behind each of the player.
- The game begins with one partner saying "Duck" Followed by the other partner saying "Duck". They must say at least a total of 3 "Ducks" before each is eligible to say "goose". When "Goose" is called, that person turns and tries to run directly to the goal line without being tagged.
- Players return to the center point and start playing again.
- Player can say as many "ducks" as they like. For example, "Goose" might not be called until 7 "Ducks" have been called.
- If there is plenty of room, players do not have to run in a straight line to the goal line but can run anywhere they choose.
- Laminated cards are held together so they won't get lost.
- These cards are designed to be easy and quick to flip through, making finding your activity fast and easy.
- Cards measure 6-1/2"L x 4"W (17 cm x 10 cm).
- Creating a safe, active, and problem-free playground is an integral part of the AHS™ Program.
- These compact, laminated Activity Card Sets each include complete instructions for 22 different playground activities that will keep kids active and having fun on their own. Activities are age-appropriate, burn calories, build social skills, and more. Each card gives you complete instructions, as well as variations.
- Cards fit in your pocket and stay together with a built-in fastener.
AHS™ Playground Activity Card Options
AHS™ Playground Activities Cards are available in Sets of 22 cards, in 2 series.
- Series One, Set of 22
- Series Two, Set of 22