Fitness for Life: Elementary School Pack
Everything you need to implement an all-inclusive multimedia nutrition, physical activity, and wellness program!
Award-winning program uses PE lessons, classroom activities and discussions, recess, before- and after-school activities, and family nights to promote physical activity and active lifestyles for elementary-age students. Use this program to meet local and state requirements, including CDC, USDA, and NASPE standards.
• Classroom Guides: 7 guides (one for each grade K-6) with 140 total lesson plans and activities. Each guide includes DVD-ROM with plug-and-play activities and lesson plans.
• Physical Education Lesson Plans: Book with activities and lessons, 2 DVD-ROMs with 140 plug-and-play activities and instructional videos, music CD, and CD-ROM with lesson plans.
• Guide for Wellness Coordinators: Assessment tools and resources for school-wide special events and DVD-ROM with Wellness Week plans/program overview.
• Print Media: Hundreds of full-color reproducibles on DVD/CD-ROMs, including signs, newsletters, and activity cards.
• Program-Dedicated Website: www.fitnessforlife.org/elementary
The Fitness for Life program enables educators to:
• Teach essential health-related fitness, activity, nutrition, and wellness concepts.
• Meet local and state requirements for daily and weekly physical activity.
• Implement wellness in the curriculum.
• Implement easy-to-follow standards-based lessons.
• Enhance academic performance and help fight childhood obesity.
• Coordinate efforts with nonschool personnel, including before- and after-school program leaders and parents.
• Meet recommendations and standards from CDC, USDA, and NASPE, among others.
Fitness for Life: Elementary School was developed by nationally and internationally recognized leaders Charles B. "Chuck" Corbin, Guy Le Masurier, Dolly Lambdin, and Meg Greiner. The program has been field-tested and is based on the most current research and standards regarding health-related fitness, activity, wellness, and nutrition.